Prison No. 5 San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas, May 31, 2013
I, the undersigned, Alberto Patishtán Gómez, political prisoner from the "Voice of el Amate" adherent to the Sixth.
I was arbitrarily detained on June 19, 2000, for defending the community of el Bosque where I was born, which was suffering great injustice at the hands of the authoritarian Mayor Manuel Gómez Ruíz; on the forthcoming June 19 I will have served 13 years of unjust imprisonment for this reason.
All the groups, organizations, cooperatives, unions, churches and civil society of Mexico and the world to come together for a Political and Cultural Event in front of the National Palace of Fine Arts in Mexico City; the event will take place on June 19 at 10:00 am, summer time, those who cannot attend can perform it in their own cities, the purpose of this Act is to demand justice for my unjust imprisonment.
Let us all unite in Truth, Truth is Justice, do not give up, God bless you.
Alberto Patishtán Gómez
Alberto Patishtán, his family and the organizations, groups and individuals who support #LibertadPatishtan CONVOKE the following actions for the Freedom of the Political Prisoner Alberto Patishtán Gómez:
13 years of injustice
We propose that from now until June 19, 2013:
1. - We send video messages to Alberto Patishtán of inspiration and encouragement to keep fighting for his freedom. These can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (they can be videos from your phone, your photo camera or video camera).
2. - Continue to send letters to the Ministers of the First Appellate Court of the Twentieth Circuit saying We demand freedom for Alberto Patishtán! through the National Network of Civil Human Rights Organisations, All Rights for All (Red TDT):
3. – Continue with the Twitter actions every Friday with the hashtag #LibertadPatishtan, where we tweet during the day from 10:00 to 12:00 and 16:00 to 19:00 to demand Freedom for the political prisoner from Chiapas, Alberto Patishtán Gómez.
4. - On June 19th, a political and cultural event is convoked for #LibertadPatishtan in front of the Palace of Fine Arts in Mexico City, at 10:00 am.
In Chiapas we hope to see you from 9:00 in the morning (normal time) for the day of prayer for #LibertadPatishtan to be held outside CERSS No 5 in San Cristobal de Las Casas. We are invited by the el Bosque Movement for the Freedom of Patishtán and the Believing People of the Tsotsil Zone.
5. - On 19th June we ask you to take a photo in a demonstration of solidarity with Alberto Patishtán with a poster saying:
13 years of injustice
You can take the photo in any public place, in your workplace, school, neighbourhood, in the stadium, truck, train, aeroplane, town, community, camp, on holiday, at a party, wherever you wish. Send it to us by email at email@example.com
All the photos will be put on a canvas and made into a big banner which we will circulate widely to give a small indication of all the people who want Patishtán’s Freedom.
Thank you for continuing to support the #LibertadPatishtan campaign for the Tsotsil political prisoner from Chiapas, who this June 19, will have spent 13 years being unjustly imprisoned.
Will there be justice in Mexico?